It's 'Cuz Cody Cares!
Cody Williams, CBA, has been a regular face at FLOAT for the last several conventions, either as a delegate or as an instructor. Earlier this year, Cody was once again asked to be an instructor, sponsored by our friends at Betallic.
But here's the thing....Cody had already enrolled for FLOAT as a delegate, paid in full. So when we offered to refund his registration, he decided he'd rather see it go to someone else who could use the opportunity to come to FLOAT.
And with that, we'd like to introduce you to our " 'Cuz Cody Cares Contest!"
Here's what you need to know:
1. Anyone who does professional balloon decorating or entertaining may enter this contest, so long as you have never attended a previous FLOAT Convention; in order to be eligible to win, 2022 must be your first time attending FLOAT....ever.
1a. Anyone who is an instructor, sponsor or member of the FLOAT production team, event staff or network team are not eligible for this contest.
2. This contest is 100% free of charge to enter. No one from FLOAT will ever ask you to pay a fee to submit an entry.
3. You will be required to submit a photo of an organic installation you completed as a working professional.
3a. Photo collages, video clips, graphic representations and social media links are not permitted for this contest.
3b. Each person is allowed to enter up to three (3) different entries in this contest, as long as they are submitted before the contest deadline of September 30th, 2021.
4. For your own protection, please make sure that your photo is appropriately branded with your company's logo or name before submitting.
5. Along with your photo submission, please include the following information:
A. Your name
B. Your company name
C. City, State and Country that you reside in
D. IG / Twitter / FB handles (use the @ symbol)
Entries that do not include this information will not be eligible for the contest.
6. By entering this contest, please understand that you are:
A. Stating that the images used in the photo is of your own work that you or your company has created and that you have all legal rights to them.
B. You are allowing FLOAT the rights to (1) use these photos to promote this contest and (2) to promote FLOAT and allow them to be used on FLOAT's social media platforms.
C. Release FLOAT, Cody Williams and Betallic from any responsibility should someone pilfer or use your photo without permission.
D. Allowing FLOAT, BalloonDVDs.com, One Million Bubbles and other affiliated projects with access to your email address for marketing purposes.
7. Entries MUST be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org between the dates of August 8th and September 30th, 2021. Entries submitted after that date will not be eligible for the contest. Submissions received through any other method or social media platform will not be eligible.
8. Photos submitted for this contest must be sent as an attachment to the email being sent to email@example.com. Do NOT send links to where the photo can be downloaded; such entries will be disregarded.
9. A group of five (5) finalists will be selected from all eligible entries submitted. Those finalists will be notified by email on or before October 3rd, 2021. Those finalists will then be reviewed by a judging panel of three (3) organic specialists, with the winner receiving the grand prize.
10. This contest is based on subjective opinions of skill or talent, like any contest based on a creative medium. With that being said, decisions of the judging panel are not up for review and are final.
11. The grand prize for this contest is one (1) free registration to FLOAT 2022. Visit the registration page at FLOATConvention.com to review what a registration includes and what it does not include. This prize does not include travel expenses, hotel accommodations, food allowances, merchandise credits, optional educational purchases, vendor credits or any other financial benefit associated beyond what is obtained with a standard registration priced at $599.00.
11a. There is one string attached to this prize....during the course of the convention, the winner will be required to assist Cody and Caity Byrne with prepping their classes at FLOAT 2022 for a minimum of four (4) hours, with two (2) hours devoted in assisting with each of their two (2) class offerings. Prize winner will be able to schedule their time with Cody and Caity as long as it works within their planned prep periods. Prize winner will not be asked to sacrifice time away from other general classes included in their registration to fulfill their time obligation at FLOAT 2022.
12. This prize is valid only for FLOAT 2022, and is not eligible for roll over options for future conventions. In other words, if you are declared the winner and cannot attend for any reason, your prize is forfeit.
13. Contest promoter reserves the right to update rules to the contest if unforeseen issues arise.