COVID-19 and FLOAT
As of September 1, 2021
Here is the short version:
1. FLOAT 2022 will be limited to a maximum number of five hundred and fifty (550) registered delegates for the convention, which is the number of seats available with socially distanced placement every three (3) feet in classrooms.
2. FLOAT 2022 will be limited to a maximum number of no more than seven hundred (700) total attendees at the convention, including sponsors, instructors, crew and the like.
3. Guests will not be permitted at FLOAT 2022 this year. This includes minor children or adult guests at the DAG.
4. Day passes will not be made available to anyone for FLOAT 2022. Attendance will be limited to fully registered delegates only.
5. All attendees at FLOAT will be required to wear a mask at all times whenever you are in the convention space. The only accepts are those with medically pre-approved conditions, and then a face shield will be required.
6. Proof of vaccination, at least at this time, is not required to attend FLOAT 2022. Outside factors may change this policy; updates will be posted, but if the policy changes it will be because of factors beyond the control of FLOAT's producers.
7. All in-person attendees at FLOAT will be required to present the results of a negative COVID test within three (3) days of arrival at FLOAT 2022.
8. All attendees will have their temperatures taken once daily while entering the convention space using a thermal gauge.
9. All attendees, regardless of their involvement at FLOAT, will be expected to sign a release regarding COVID-19, or else they will not be permitted to attend.
10. We will have a zero tolerance policy in effect for anyone found to be in violation of FLOAT's final COVID-19 protocols. Attendees who refuse to follow full protocols, including instructors and sponsors, will be removed from the event and may face a permanent ban from future conventions.
11. Delegates who have registered for FLOAT 2022 and feel unsafe about attending will be permitted to rollover into our Virtual option at no required added cost.
12. Final decisions regarding FLOAT 2022 and our COVID-19 protocols will be made in late 2021.
Please do not assume that your personal beliefs about masking, the validity of masking, vaccines, the very existance of COVID or your right to freedom of choice supersedes the rules and policies established by a private business. FLOAT is a PRIVATE EVENT hosted only for those who have paid to attend it. As such, FLOAT has every right to create a set of rules of conduct for those in attendance, and yes, those rules will require you to wear a mask for general safety.
What you do in the confines of the RESIDENTIAL portion of the hotel is strictly up to the hotel's policy, but FLOAT is allowed to dictate policy that takes place within the CONVENTION portion of the hotel. This includes the enforcement of all COVID protocols should we have to do this.